Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
At strongDM, we brought recruiting in-house...
...when we were just a dozen employees. In the past two years, that small team has been able to 6X the size of the company. No joke. We’ve implemented an ATS, cracked the nut on outbound (yes, really!), and know our motion well.
strongDM lives and dies by its recruiters. If we can’t attract talent efficiently and effectively, we’re dead. We’re looking for folks to help take us from one to two, to build faster than the company requires, to make even better the engaging experience that’s already been designed.
Our recruiters control the candidate experience end-to-end. That includes a specialized sourcing strategy, shepherding candidates through the interview funnel, and pairing with hiring managers across technical and non-technical roles.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with hiring managers - including C-level executives - to understand role requirements and source candidates to fit those needs
- Craft and manage outreach that effectively and efficiently causes high quality candidates to respond
- Manage candidate flow through our applicant tracking system (Lever)
- Accurately represent company ethos and values to candidates
- Test and recommend improvements to drive better everything: sourcing, rates of acceptance, reduction in time from first touch to hire, every step of the recruiting and interview process
- Track, analyze, and report on pipeline activity
- Meet aggressive goals across all roles and levels, including management
- 2+ years of experience as a recruiter in-house in a startup or technical company
- You’re fascinated with people. Each conversation is like a treasure hunt where you have the opportunity to discover someone’s motivations and identify if it’s a mutual fit. You understand how to ask delicate questions with grace, the importance of second-order questions, and put candidates at ease to share information willingly.
- You love the hunt and can get lost in the search. You context switch like a champ, and can move from a deep online dive to phone screening with ease.
- Familiarity with the security // infrastructure space or an exceptional learner (preferably both!) :)
- An independent and highly organized...well, adult. We are comfortable admitting when we make a mistake and humble enough to ask for help when we need it.
- A clear, concise, and engaging communicator with an ability to build relationships internally and externally. You’ll be able to spot possible hurdles to hiring someone early and comfortable tackling them head on.
- Experience hiring for technical positions is a plus.
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 4 weeks accrued PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required