Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director of Billing & Collections
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Head of Billing and Collections to join our growing finance team. The candidate will lead our billing and collections team, will be responsible for timely and accurate billings to clients, enhance metrics around collection status and implement controls to assess collectability upstream to mitigate collection risk. The candidate will be responsible for understanding our QTC process from our CRM (SFDC) to our ERP (Netsuite). The candidate will also be a critical part of expanding the current process, whether by adding more products, enhancing the current process or expanding to other regions on a global scale. The candidate will have experience with usage billing and working in an environment of constant change at a high pace. This position will collaborate very closely with stakeholders (FP&A, Systems team, Client Services, Sales Ops, Account Executives & upper level management) across the entire organization and play a major role in drafting and driving some of the most important strategic decisions we make.
The ideal candidate must be intellectually curious, detail-oriented, able to execute on multiple projects and able to identify solutions to complex problems. Must also have strong technical skills to guide business decisions that will have a material impact across the organization. A positive attitude to set the tone with direct reports, business partners and other leaders of the finance organization.
- Ownership of the billing and collections functions, including timely and accurate issuance of invoices.
- Ownership of the analytical review of monthly and quarterly metrics to present and share with senior management.
- Continuous assessment of our billing set-up/ environment and propose efficiencies, enhancements, and improvements.
- Continuous assessment of our billing and collections org to ensure we have the adequate resources to match our hyper growth.
- Partner closely with FP&A team to provide key metrics around billing, use of Attentive product suites and collection metrics.
- Partner closely with the core accounting team to support during monthly/quarterly close and external audits.
- Assess our billing environment for deficiencies in adequate controls and implement needed controls to enhance our processes.
- Key partner and lead in various ad-hoc projects aimed at scalability and new reporting requirements.
- Key partner in assessing finance technology stack and if necessary, enhance or partners with the systems team to find viable alternatives.
- Key party in onboarding and absorbing the billing and collections function of acquired companies.
- Lead, mentor and develop a high-performing diverse team, by fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in accounting, finance, business or economics.
- 12+ years of combined experience in a private and public company.
- Experience in the software and/or technology industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with high count and volume of clients and communications.
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive working hours, in a fast-paced and challenging working environment.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables, index and array formulas, etc); SQL and Looker experience a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite strongly preferred
- Extensive experience building and leading a strong and cohesive team.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills with the ability to get into the weeds.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines
- Highly motivated and willing to take on extra responsibility.
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance numerous diverse projects simultaneously.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
- #LI-remote #LI-BH1
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.